Grey is one of the underutilized colours out there when it comes to men’s apparels but then you can easily pull of a grey suit. While many will opt for a black suit, these simple tips plus our lookbook on how to wear a grey suit proves that grey rocks!
- A stark, white shirt and black shoes are your best bet for a grey suit. Black tie looks super clean with the grey suit, especially in pastel grey or charcoal.
- You can also try light greens, strawberry milk pink, lilac and powder blue ties as it adds a bit of cheeriness to the outfit and good for an office look.
- Wear eye-catching accessories with a grey suit to liven it up a bit. Keep the accessories the same colour as the shirt but go darker shades, leaving the shirt lighter. For example, pastel blue shirt and navy pocket square and tie.
- Silver (or white gold) work with the metallic hue of the grey suit, so opt for tie clips, lapel pins and cufflinks in these minerals and metals.
- Tan lace-ups look stunning with grey, opting for classic favourites like the brogue or monk to exploit the shoe details. Black is always a winner, or go for the more out-there burgundy, sticking to conventional shoe types like derbies or oxfords for this colour.
- Keep the charcoal for the office, opting for a luxurious three-piece a subtle check to really make a statement. Otherwise, clean, slim suit in mid-grey is super versatile.
- Grey (especially light) can get dirty easily. Do a visual once-over regularly for any stains and if so, spot clean with a damp cloth.