Ladies love buying bags and sometimes end up not using some of the bags they buy. A good handbag is always a ladies delight anytime hence the desire to keep buying them.
A handbag can enhance an outfit and really define your style but it can also break your look if you are using the wrong bag on an outfit.
A handbag can make you look bigger/smaller and even ruin your signature image!
So it’s super important to thoroughly think about what bag styles complement your personal style, to make sure you have a bag-collection that you love!
Here are a few fashion styling tips on what to look for in a bag to help with your fashion style or outfits.What Handbags to Invest in?
If you want to get the most out of your handbags then secure handbags in simple, timeless styles that cover your major daily activities.
A tote and hobo handbag are examples of classic everyday bag styles that you can take from day to evening.
The wardrobe bag essentials are:
- Structured tote handbag for polishing your look
- Hobo handbag for everything else
- Casual messenger bag
- Laptop bag
- Chic clutch purse for the weekend cocktails
- Cross body or messenger bag works for day-out occasions
- Pretty evening bags in a dark neutral (black) and light neutral (eg. cream) that go with special occasions
- Leather travel bag in a dark neutral (e.g.black)
The list above is the basic types of bags you should have but you can always go wild on other trendier ones
Versatility is Chic
A tip is to secure at least one quality bag for each of your daily activities (work, casual evenings, traveling, parties, etc.) in neutral, versatile colors such as black, brown, dark navy blue, and white/cream.
Courtesy of John Lewis and JC Penney
This ensures that you can match them with the rest of your wardrobe without having to think twice about if the colors and style clash with the outfit.
You might want to put the bulk of your closet budget in basic, quality handbags, to make sure they will endure your lifestyle. So if you’re an office worker, invest in durable tote bags that you love and can see yourself using for many years to come.
Also before buying a handbag, you might want to ask yourself these questions:
- Do I need it as an accessory or for practical use?
- How often will I be using the bag?
- How practical is it? (for your lifestyle, activity you’ll be carrying it to, will it accommodate all of your important belongings?)
- Can I wear it with the rest of my outfits?
- Does it Suit Your Style?
One of the most important things when it comes to selecting fashion handbags is matching them to your personal style
Here are a couple of examples:
For example if you have a Sporty style – pick a simple messenger, satchel or canvas handbag.