Having a smooth shave without cuts and nicks can be a tricky challenge, these simple shaving tips will guide you on how to do the job properly.
- Don’t attempt to shave any hard-to-reach places yourself! No good can ever come of this.
- Shave in the shower – the steam and hot water will plump up the hair shafts making them softer and easier to cut.
- As you would when shaving your face, use plenty of shaving gel or cream and always shave with the direction of hair growth.
- To make shaving easier, trim the hairs back as much as you can first using a beard trimmer, hair clippers or a body hair groomer.
- Minimise the risk of ingrown hairs by exfoliating skin with a body scrub twice a week afterwards or invest in a pair of exfoliating gloves like.
- To soothe skin, use a post-shave balm afterwards, like you would on your face. This can be used to prevent annoying ingrown hairs.
- For a slightly more natural look, trim your body hair using a body hair trimmer instead of shaving it.