Longer eyelashes frame the eyes, give them definition and make them look even more beautiful, makes you look more appealing and is one of the major features well concentrated on when applying make up.
For the ladies who love the ‘Do It Yourself’ methods, here are a few tips on growing your eyelashes:1) Natural Oils –You could use any of the natural oils such as coconut oil, olive oil, castor oiL, argan oil or almond oil. You could also use lemon olive oil (soak a few dried lemon peel in olive oil and put it in the sunlight for a few days). It’ll protect, moisturize your lashes and make them grow faster & thicker.
How to apply oil to your eyelashes to make grow faster? Clean an old eye liner container and fill it in with any organic oil of your choice. Just before going to bed, swipe it on your upper and lower lash line just like an eye liner. Leave it overnight and wash it off the next morning with some warm water.Follow this religiously and you’ll definitely see a difference in a few weeks.It’ll protect, moisturize and make your lashes grow faster & thicker.
2) Vaseline/Petroleum Jelly– It’s an age old remedy that works well for lengthening your lashes. Use a q-tip and swipe it on your upper and lower lash line. Keep it on overnight and wash it off in the morning.
3) Green tea– It’s well known that green tea is enriched with flavonoids and antioxidants. It’ll clean the hair follicles and stimulate hair growth. Dip a cotton ball in green tea, apply it on your lash line and leave it on overnight. Wash it off in the morning.
How To Prevent Your Eyelashes From Falling Off
1) Remove all your eye make up before bed, no matter how exhausted you are. Dab coconut oil on a cotton pad and gently remove the mascara off your lashes. Don’t use waterproof mascara on a daily basis as they are the hardest to get off. While removing eye makeup, don’t rub your eyes too harshly. Instead use gentle swiping motion.
2) Brush your lashes using a lash brush once or twice a day. It’ll remove any dust particles as well as ensure proper growth.
3) Massage your eyelids. At the end of the day, after removing all your makeup, massage your eyelids for a few minutes. It’ll strengthen your lashes and you’ll see a difference in the rate of growth of the hair. But don’t be too hard, gently massage using your ring finger.
4) Avoid using fake lashes daily if you’re trying to grow your natural lashes.