The red lipstick will always be a classic when it comes to make up application for women. However, it is important to know that there are different shades of red lipsticks for different skin tones and you need to get the right red lipstick shade for your skin tone.
The red lipstick is sassy and a classic on any woman of any age. The difference in appearance also comes from different application techniques. Knowing how to wear red lipstick for your dark skin complexion is one way of attaining the quintessential sexy appearance. Consider the following tips:
- Red lipstick color exist in various shades which accent various skin complexions in different tones. For warm skin tones, go for orange-red since it has more yellow to complement the yellow golden skin undertones.
- There are blue based red which are suitable for cool skin women. This shade calms down the purple skin undertones to give you a flattering look.
- Your lips ought to be clean and well exfoliated before application of the red color. Apply a lip balm a night to the red lipstick application to make it get absorbed and moisturize your lips.
- Apply a lip liner in similar shade to your lip color . Allow the lip liner to dry before application of the red lip color to prevent the diluting effect.
- A brush should be used in the application for the color to make it adhere to your lips and stay put.
- A foundation can be used if you want your lips to appear fuller or intensively red. Use a brush to apply it around the lips.
- To make the red lip color even to your lips, dab lightly using a soft cotton cloth or a tissue.
- To finalize the process, apply either a clear or red lip gloss for a shiny appearance.
- Your teeth ought to be brightened since, red color with orangey base will intensify the discoloration of your teeth. Blue based red lipstick provides white teeth effect.
Red Lipstick for Black Women
If unfortunately you have never liked red lipstick, then the problem is not the lip color but your wrong selection of the shade for your skin tones. The best red lipstick for dark skin women should complement the skin undertones in order to avoid looking washed out or awkward.
Red lipstick on Dark Skin Women with Olive to Dark Skin tones
- CHANEL ROUGE ALLURE Luminous Satin Lip Colour in Excessive
- Dior Addict Lipstick in Red Carpet.
- Mac Lipstick in Riri Woo
- MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo
- Dolce & Gabbana Classic Cream Lipstick in Devil
- Julie Hewett Lip Pencil in Sin Noir
Red lipstick on Dark Skin Women with Warm Dark Skin tones
This type of skin tone is characterized by golden and brown undertones. To pull off the dramatic appearance, pinkish red lip colors are what to choose. Shiny red hues are fabulous in making your lips pop especially for dark skin tones. Sallow skin need to be added warmth and orange toned lipsticks in red are suitable for that.
Here are some of the top best brands of red lipstick picks you can try.
- Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Blackberry
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in 17
- Tom Ford Lip Colour in Cherry Lush
- No7 Poppy King Lipstick in Glamour
- Sinner 90 Percent Pigment in Scarlet Red Sinner, Lipstick Queen