Meet Rose Palhares, one of the many Fashion Designers who will be showcasing her designs at the AFWN, Africa Fashion Week Nigeria 2016.
In this interview, The creative director, talks about her fashion designs and showcasing at this year’s edition of the AFWN
Read Also: AFWN 2016 TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE FOR SALE!!
1. Why did you decide to become a fashion designer?
I was born with this dream. I always knew what I wanted to be , always knew Design was my life .
2. How did you start fashion designing?
I started to develop peaces for my dolls , later for friends and myself. When I finished high school I had no doubt what I wanted for me, I moved to Brazil and graduated in Fashion Design.
3. What do you enjoy most about designing clothes?
Design clothes for me means designing what is missing in the world. Fashion for me is art, what I do is what I see or what I miss .
4. What’s the most challenging part of fashion designing?
Being true to myself in everything I create. It is sometimes the hardest part of all .
5.Which fashion designers inspire you the most?
Being creative is growing every day , so every day there are new and old artists that inspire me. but I need to inspire me in my dreams and that is what I cling to.
6.How will you rate the Fashion Industry in Nigeria right now?
From what I have always heard and the little I saw , the Fashion in Nigeria is the second largest in Africa . You are an inspiration even for my country. I hope I can show you what I am and hope you like it.
7. Does your work reflect your personal fashion style? Can you describe your style?
I’m a dreamer. A dreamer is a woman of 7 offices and each office I incarnate a woman. I think my style goes from romantic to sporty to classic . But at the end of the day, I always try to be sexy because I love to be seen and off course elegant.
8. Have you showcased at previous editions of The Africa Fashion Week Nigeria? If yes, how will you describe the experience?
This will be my first time.
9. How excited are you about showcasing at The Africa Fashion Week Nigeria 2016?
It’s a dream…and when you live your dreams its all about butterflies in the stomach and anxiety nights
10.What should guests expect from you at The Africa Fashion Week Nigeria 2016?
My vision. My hard work, my position in the world.
Fashionpheeva is an Offficial Media Partner For The Africa Fashion Week Nigeria