Meet Hauwa Ciroma, one of the many Fashion Designers who will be showcasing her designs at the AFWN, Africa Fashion Week Nigeria 2016.
In this interview, The creative director of Pacciro talks about her fashion designs and showcasing at this year’s edition of the AFWN
Read Also: AFWN 2016 TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE FOR SALE!!
1. Why did you decide to become a fashion designer?
I grew up watching my mother design, and loved to see the creation from paper to reality
2. How did you start fashion designing?
By understudying my mother
3. What do you enjoy most about designing clothes?
Seeing a mere idea come to actualization
4. What’s the most challenging part of fashion designing?
Detailing interpreting your vision to my staff
5.Which fashion designers inspire you the most?
Armani and Elie Saab
6.How will you rate the Fashion Industry in Nigeria right now?
It’s a marvel to behold, keeps growing every year. The sky is the limit
7. Does your work reflect your personal fashion style? Can you describe your style?
To an extent it does, my style is more of easy comfort with a touch of elegance and class. I never really follow trends but one has to be open and flexible because you also have to please your clients too.
8. Have you showcased at previous editions of The Africa Fashion Week Nigeria? If yes, how will you describe the experience?
No, I haven’t this would be my first time.
9. How excited are you about showcasing at The Africa Fashion Week Nigeria 2016?
I am really excited, I hope my collection is received well.
10.What should guests expect from you at The Africa Fashion Week Nigeria 2016?
They should expect easy to wear clothes and beautifully made leather bags, that are well crafted, simple and yet diverse in style and functionality. A fusion of tradition and modern chic.
Fashionpheeva is an Offficial Media Partner For The Africa Fashion Week Nigeria