Meet Danielle Allen, one of the many Fashion Designers who will be showcasing her designs at the AFWN, Africa Fashion Week Nigeria 2016.
In this interview, The creative director, talks about her fashion designs and showcasing at this year’s edition of the AFWN
Read Also: AFWN 2016 TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE FOR SALE!!
1.Why did you decide to become a fashion designer?
I don’t think I decided, I think fashion designing found me lol
2. How did you start fashion designing?
I woke up one day and thought right I’m tired of giving other designers my designs when I wanted a red carpet dress so I decided to create my own brand.
3. What do you enjoy most about designing clothes?
The fact that I can go to the cutting table at any point in time and create absolutely whatever.
4. What’s the most challenging part of fashion designing?
Being able to meet clients demands in Zimbabwe, I am currently working on setting up a factory in Zimbabwe to be able to deliver more efficiently to my southern African clientele.
5.Which fashion designers inspire you the most?
Chanel as they remain a classical brand I’m still trying to find my feet in what separates me from the rest.
6.How will you rate the Fashion Industry in Nigeria right now?
It’s growing rapidly, western African fabrics are now being used by a lot more Internationally established designers.
7. Does your work reflect your personal fashion style? Can you describe your style?
Yes that’s for sure, I never create anything I wouldn’t want to see myself in.
8. Have you showcased at previous editions of The Africa Fashion Week Nigeria? If yes, how will you describe the experience?
No this is my first time.
9. How excited are you about showcasing at The Africa Fashion Week Nigeria 2016?
I’m extremely excited as I’m also closing the show on Saturday, that’s a huge privilege.
10.What should guests expect from you at The Africa Fashion Week Nigeria 2016?
Elegance, Grace & Style will ooze from my collection.
Fashionpheeva is an Offficial Media Partner For The Africa Fashion Week Nigeria